How do I access IIS settings?
Enabling IIS and required IIS components on Windows 10
- Open Control Panel and click Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off.
- Enable Internet Information Services.
- Expand the Internet Information Services feature and verify that the web server components listed in the next section are enabled.
- Click OK.
How do I change the default IIS?
To do it follow the below step by step instruction’s:
- Start IIS. Go to run window and type “inetmgr” and hit enter to open IIS web server in your windows system.
- Select Default Document Option. Now go under sites option in left side bar and select your site.
- Enter Default Page Name.
- Set Top in Priority Order.
What is IIS configuration?
config is the root file of the configuration system when you are using IIS 7 and above. It includes definitions of all sites, applications, virtual directories and application pools, as well as global defaults for the web server settings (similar to machine. config and the root web. config for .
Where is the IIS config file?
The configuration files for IIS 7 and later are located in your %WinDir%\System32\Inetsrv\Config folder, and the primary configuration files are: ApplicationHost. config – This configuration file stores the settings for all your Web sites and applications.
How do I open IIS on Windows 10?
To open IIS Manager from the Desktop.
- On the desktop, hover the mouse cursor in the upper right corner of the screen, and then click Settings.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click System and Security, and then click Administrative Tools.
- In the Administrative Tools window, double-click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
How do I open IIS Manager from command line?
To open IIS Manager at a command prompt
- On the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open dialog box, type inetmgr, and then click OK.
How do I open IIS in Windows 10?
To enable IIS on a Windows 10 computer, do the following:
- Open the Start menu.
- Type features and select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Tick the Internet Information Services checkbox and hit OK.
- Wait for the installation to complete and hit Close.
How do I check my default IIS Web site?
Run [Start] – [Server Manager] and Click [Tools] – [Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager]. Open items on left pabe, [Default Web Site] is configured. Select [Default Web Site] and Click [Advanced Settings…], then it’s possible to confirm settings like [Physical Path] (Document Root) and so on.
What is IIS used for?
Role Description. The Web Server (IIS) role in Windows Server 2012 provides a secure, easy-to-manage, modular and extensible platform for reliably hosting websites, services, and applications. With IIS 8 you can share information with users on the Internet, an intranet, or an extranet.
What is IIS in Windows Server?
Internet Information Services (IIS) is a flexible, general-purpose web server from Microsoft that runs on Windows systems to serve requested HTML pages or files. An IIS web server accepts requests from remote client computers and returns the appropriate response.