How do I archive a mailbox in Exchange 2010?
Enable an archive mailbox
- Go to Recipients > Mailboxes.
- Select a mailbox.
- In the details pane, under In-Place Archive, click Enable.
- On the Create In-Place Archive page, click OK to have Exchange automatically select a mailbox database for the archive or click Browse to specify one.
Does archiving email remove it from an Exchange server?
This file (usually called “archive. pst”) is stored on your local hard disk. The archived e-mails will be removed from your Exchange account because that’s the whole point of process.
How do I archive old emails offline?
To set up offline mail:
- Open your Gmail account in the Chrome browser.
- Select Settings (the gear icon), then choose See All Settings.
- Select Offline.
- Select the Enable offline mail check box.
- Adjust the sync and security settings to your liking and select Save changes.
How do I archive my entire mailbox?
Click Cleanup Tools. Click Archive. Click the Archive this folder and all subfolders option, and then click the folder that you want to archive. Any subfolder of the folder you select is included in this manual archive.
What is the difference between archive and in-place archive?
After users act on an email, they manually move it to the archive or use rules to move it automatically. With in-place archives enabled, users can declutter their inbox but still have online, indexed, and searchable archive emails available to them whenever they login.
How does archive mailbox work?
An archive mailbox is a specialized mailbox that appears alongside the users’ primary mailbox folders in Outlook or Outlook on the web. Users can access the archive in the same way that they access their primary mailboxes. In addition, they can search both their archives and primary mailboxes.
Are archived emails stored locally?
Archived emails don’t count against the quota of your accounts because the emails are stored locally. However, archived emails don’t save space on your hard disk because you just moved the emails from one location to another on the same hard disk.
Do archived emails stay on server?
So long as your archive is under Local Folders, as Matt advised then, yes, your messages are stored locally, independent of the server.
How do I backup Outlook emails offline?
How do I backup my email in Outlook on Windows?
- Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file, and then select Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.
- Select the mail folder you want to back up and select Next.
- Choose a location and name for your backup file, and then select Finish.
How do I archive emails in Outlook 2010?
- Step 1 – Instruction Start. Click the File tab.
- Step 2 – Cleanup Tools. Click Cleanup Tools.
- Step 3 – Archive. Click Archive.
- Step 4 – Select items to Archive. Archive ALL Items (Recommended):
- Step 5 – Specify Archive Date.
- Step 6 – Include Items with “Do Not Auto Archive” check box.
- Step 7 – Save the Archive.
How can I save my emails offline?
Turn on Gmail offline
- Go to Gmail offline settings.
- Check “Enable offline mail.”
- Choose your settings, such as how many days of messages you want to sync.
- Click Save changes.