How do I wipe my computer Windows XP without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do I reformat my computer without a disk?
Formatting a Non-System Drive
- Log into the computer in question with an administrator account.
- Click Start, type “diskmgmt.
- Right-click the drive you wish to format, and click “Format.”
- Click the “Yes” button if prompted.
- Type a volume label.
- Uncheck the “Perform a quick format” box.
- Click “OK” twice.
How do you reformat a Windows XP computer?
Press the F8 key to agree to the Microsoft end user license agreement when prompted to do so. Since there is already an existing Windows XP installation you may receive a prompt to repair it. Press the ESC key to bypass this option and continue formatting the disk.
How do I wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall Windows XP?
Select the Settings option. On the left side of the screen, select Remove everything and reinstall Windows. On the Reset your PC screen, click Next. On the Do you want to fully clean your drive screen, select Just remove my files to do a quick deletion or select Fully clean the drive to have all files erased.
How do I factory Reset my computer?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do you reformat an old computer?
How do I wipe my hard drive and reinstall Windows XP?
How do I uninstall and reinstall Windows XP?
Press the Enter key at the Windows XP Setup welcome screen, then press F8 to accept the Terms and Agreements. Follow the on-screen instructions to select a hard drive partition to format and install Windows XP. After formatting the hard drive, which erases all data, see our steps for reinstalling Windows.
How do I remove a second operating system from Windows XP?
Follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Type msconfig in the search box or open Run.
- Go to Boot.
- Select which Windows version you’d like to boot into directly.
- Press Set as Default.
- You can delete the earlier version by selecting it and then clicking Delete.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.