What are the 10 best vegetables?
The 14 Most Nutrient-Dense Vegetables
- Spinach. This leafy green tops the chart as one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables.
- Carrots. Carrots are packed with vitamin A, delivering 119% of the DV in just 1 cup (128 grams) ( 4 ).
- Brussels sprouts.
- Green peas.
- Swiss chard.
What are 20 types of vegetables?
Types of Vegetables
|Broccoli Rabe||Brussels Sprouts||Butternut Squash|
|Chives||Collard Greens||Crookneck Squash|
What are the 20 best vegetables?
The 20 Healthiest Vegetables You Can Eat, According to Top Nutritionists
- Sweet Potatoes.
- Red Bell Peppers.
Can you give me a list of vegetables?
A-Z of vegetables
- BBQ vegies.
- Beetroot and potato salad.
- Bok choy, pak choy or Chinese chard.
What are the 5 healthiest vegetables?
What are the most healthful vegetables?
- Spinach. Share on Pinterest Andersen Ross/Getty Images.
- Kale. Kale is a very popular leafy green vegetable with several health benefits.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Fermented vegetables.
What are the 4 types of vegetables?
There are many types of vegetables, but four of the main, or most common, types are root vegetables, cruciferous vegetables, greens, and nightshades…. See full answer below.
What are 10 examples of vegetables?
Types of vegetables
- Leafy green – lettuce, spinach and silverbeet.
- Cruciferous – cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and broccoli.
- Marrow – pumpkin, cucumber and zucchini.
- Root – potato, sweet potato and yam.
- Edible plant stem – celery and asparagus.
- Allium – onion, garlic and shallot.
What are common vegetables?
- potatoes – 63%
- tomatoes – 61%
- onions – 60%
- carrots – 56%
- lettuce – 46%
- bell peppers – 44%
- broccoli – 44%
- cucumbers – 44%
What vegetables are good for dinner?
You can roast any vegetable — from mushrooms, onions, eggplant, and zucchini to tomatoes, broccoli, and carrots — so don’t limit yourself. Enjoy roasted veggies as a side dish, or toss them into pasta dishes and other recipes. Poach veggies in low-sodium chicken broth and white wine.
What are the basic vegetables?
What is the number 1 healthiest vegetable?
What is the number 1 vegetable to avoid?
Strawberries top the list, followed by spinach. (The full 2019 Dirty Dozen list, ranked from most contaminated to least, include strawberries, spinach, kale, nectarines, apples, grapes, peaches, cherries, pears, tomatoes, celery and potatoes.)
Which vegetables are considered the healthiest vegetables?
Spinach. Andersen Ross/Getty Images.
Which foods are considered vegetables?
– artichoke. – aubergine (eggplant) – asparagus. – legumes. alfalfa sprouts. azuki beans (or adzuki) bean sprouts. black beans **bamboo shoot. black-eyed peas. borlotti bean. broad beans. – broccoflower (a hybrid) – broccoli (calabrese) – brussels sprouts. – cabbage. kohlrabi. Savoy Cabbage. Red Cabbage. Pointed, or Sweetheart, Cabbage.
What are the best healthy vegetables?
(WYTV)- If you have a child who is seriously overweight, obese, is there a “best” diet that will help your The diets are simple: fruits and vegetables, whole grains and healthy protein, and not a lot of red meat. COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — The
What vegetables taste good?
Leafy greens: chili sauce or chili oil,infused vinegars,horseradish,green onions,red pepper flakes,sesame seeds