What major world event happened in 2009?
June 1 – Air France Flight 447, en route from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to Paris, crashes into the Atlantic Ocean, killing all 228 on board. June 11 – The outbreak of the H1N1 influenza strain, commonly referred to as “swine flu”, is deemed a global pandemic.
What was popular 2009?
Top 10 Gadgets
- Motorola Droid.
- The Nook.
- Dyson Air Multiplier.
- iPhone 3GS.
- Canon EOS-1D Mark IV.
- Dell Adamo XPS.
- FinePix Real 3D W1.
- Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1.
What are facts about 2009?
2. History Facts From the USA
- On January 20, 2009, Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th U.S. President, and Joe Biden became the 47th Vice President of the United States.
- In October 2009, the national unemployment rate peaked at 10.2%.
- The rate of inflation was -0.36%.
What were the main news headlines in 2009?
George admitted feeding the lust of Facebook accomplice Colin Blanchard, telling him she was his “paedo whore mum” and sending him eight pictures a week.
- Amanda Knox.
- MPs’ expenses.
- Swine flu.
- Obama’s inauguration.
- Lockerbie bomber.
- World recession.
- Sign Up for News Updates.
What else happened in 2009?
Nepal – Maoist Protesters
- World “swine flu”, Global pandemic.
- Barack Obama is inaugurated as the 44th President.
- Michael Jackson dies in strange circumstances.
- Deadliest bushfires in Australian history.
- European Union.
- Ceasefire in the Gaza War.
- Icelandic banking system collapse.
- G-20 summit.
What was happening in December 2009?
At Least 8 Americans Killed in Suicide Bombing at CIA Base in Afghanistan (Dec. 30): A suicide bomber kills at least 8 Americans civilians, 7 of them CIA agents, at a base in Afghanistan. It’s the deadliest attack on the agency since 9/11.
Who was the most famous person in 2009?
Highest Grossing Stars of 2009 at the Domestic Box Office
|3||Robert Downey, Jr.||300|
What was happening in October 2009?
Oct 25 The 25 October 2009 Baghdad bombings kills 155 and wounds at least 721. Oct 28 The 28 October 2009 Peshawar bombing kills 117 and wounds 213. Oct 28 NASA successfully launches the Ares I-X mission, the only rocket launch for its later-cancelled Constellation program.
What cool things happened in 2009?