How do I decode a Nissan VIN number?
How to Decode a Nissan VIN?
- J = Country of manufacture (Japan)
- N = Manufacturer (Nissan)
- 6 = Vehicle Type (Truck)
- H = Engine Type (3.0L V6 VG30E)
- D = Model Line (Pathfinder/Truck)
- 1 = Model Change Number.
- 6 = Body Type (2-Door Convertible)
- Y = Restraint (4WD-AWD)
How do I know what model Altima I have?
Vehicle Identification Label in your Owner’s Manual. Stamped on the frame under the front hood. On a sticker on the driver’s side door pillar.
What do Nissan VIN numbers mean?
Every Nissan car has a unique identifier code called a VIN. This number contains vital information about the car, such as its manufacturer, year of production, the plant it was produced in, type of engine, model and more.
How do I know what model Nissan I have?
Where to find it?
- On the driver’s side of the dashboard (metal plate viewable from outside the car)
- On the driver’s door pillar, typically around the area where the door connects to the body.
- On your car documents, such as the car title or insurance certificate.
How do you read a VIN number?
How to Read and Decode Your Car’s VIN
- 1st – A letter or number showing where in the world the car was built.
- 2nd – The manufacturer that made the car.
- 3rd – The specific division of a manufacturer that made the car.
- 4th – Safety features and model-specific information.
- 5th – The car’s series.
- 6th and 7th – The body style.
What is the difference between the Nissan Altima SR and SV?
The 2021 Nissan Altima is a mid-size passenger sedan loaded with convenience features. The SV trim is a step above the base model in terms of standard equipment, and the mid-level SR is more of a sport-themed trim and can be purchased with a more powerful turbocharged engine.
How do I know if my Nissan is Korean?
Look at the first digit of the VIN, if it’s a 1,4, or 5, then it indicates that the car was built in the U.S., a 2 means it was built in Canada, 3, Mexico, J means Japan, K means South Korea, S means England, W means Germany, and Z mean Italy.
How can I tell my engine size from my VIN number?
Your VIN number is your vehicle identification number and you can find your engine size by VIN number. In the series of numbers and letters, the tenth from the left denotes the model year and the eighth is the engine codes.
Can I lookup my vehicle specs by VIN number?
Write the VIN down on a piece of paper. Go to a VIN decoder website, such as AutoCheck.com, DecodeThis.com or DMV.org. You can use any of these websites to decode your VIN and reveal the meaning of each character to find vehicle specs. Enter the VIN in the search box on any of these sites, then press “Enter.”