How do I fix my external hard drive not accessible?
How to solve external hard drive recognized but not accessible?
- Solution 1: Create a valid partition.
- Solution 2: Update disk driver.
- Solution 3: Check and fix drive error.
- Solution 4: Change BitLocker Encryption Service.
- Solution 5: Reformat the external hard drive.
- Solution 6: Reset the drive permission.
Why can I not access my WD Passport?
I’d recommend you to go to Disk Management and check how the drive is recognized there. Another thing you could try is Uninstalling and Re-installing the WD My Passport from Device Manager. If you have a spare USB cable, you could try plugging the HDD with it as well.
Why Is My Passport external hard drive not working?
You may face the issue if the USB cable is damaged or is not compatible with the respective USB port. If this is the case, change the USB cable, connect the WD My Passport, and check whether the system detects it. You can also try to plug the drive into different USB ports.
How do I fix inaccessible hard drive access is denied error and recover data?
To resolve this issue, go to the Windows Explorer and follow the below mentioned steps:
- Right-click on the inaccessible hard drive.
- Click Properties.
- Go to the Security tab, and then click Advanced.
- Click ‘Edit’ by going to the Owner tab.
- Modify the ownership of the desired account.
How do I Format an inaccessible external hard drive?
Format inaccessible external hard drive. To do this, open Disk Management by right-clicking Start and choosing Disk Management. Next, right-click on the inaccessible disk and click Select Volume Format -> NTFS. Click OK.
Can’t access files external hard drive?
A: Your problem could result from a number of causes. But before exploring further, make sure you’ve rebooted your computer. Sometimes that by itself will fix things. If rebooting doesn’t get rid of the problem, the most likely causes are a failing drive or a bad cable connecting the drive to the computer.
How do I fix a corrupted WD passport external hard drive?
Step 1 Launch Recoverit Data Recovery program. Select your WD hard disk which detected on the program and Next. Step 2 Then the hard disk data recovery software will start scanning the device to searching the lost data within minutes. Step 3 After the scan, you can check all recovered files.
Can’t access Western Digital external hard drive?
Fix WD external hard drive not recognized error
- Go to Setting > Update & security.
- Tab on Recovery > Advanced Startup > Restart now.
- PC will automatically boot into another Startup Settings screen.
- Press F4 to initiate PC reboot into Safe Mode.
- Then check whether the WD external hard disk can be detected or not.
How do I fix an internal hard drive detected but not accessible?
Second internal hard drive is recognized but not accessible
- Press Windows Key +R.
- Type control and press enter to open control panel.
- Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box and open it.
- Click “view all” on the left pane.
- Run the hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I grant access to my external hard drive?
How do I take ownership of my external hard drive?
- Right-click on your external hard drive.
- Choose Properties from the contextual menu.
- Click on Security > go to Edit.
- A dialogue box will appear as Permissions for a new volume (E :).
- Click on the Add button > add a new user name > click OK.
Is not accessible access is denied external hard drive?
The most easiest solution, to bypass the “Drive is not accessible – Access is denied” error in Windows Explorer, is to view the hard drive’s contents in Windows Safe Mode. + R keys to open the run command box. 2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
Is not accessible a device which does not exist was specified?
This happens when your user account does not have sufficient permissions to access the drive and as a result, you are shown the drive is inaccessible error message. In such a case, you will simply have to change the permissions of the drive via the Properties window and that should resolve the issue.