How do you use reference in a sentence?
make reference to in a sentence
- He did so by making reference to the great German ecclesiastical works.
- The article makes reference to making your own troop or patrol slide.
- She also makes references to Sir Mick Jagger and Sir Paul McCartney.
- He also makes references to classical texts and often cites the Bible.
How do you write a character reference for a family member?
Tips on Writing Personal Recommendation Letters
- Think carefully before saying yes.
- Follow a business letter format.
- Focus on the job description.
- Explain how you know the person, and for how long.
- Focus on one or two traits.
- Remain positive.
- Share your contact information.
- Follow the submission guidelines.
How do you cite a copied paragraph?
Plagiarism occurs when you use either without proper attribution. If you paraphrase another author’s ideas in your own words (i.e., use #1 only) then you need a citation. If you copy verbatim another author’s words (i.e., use #1 and #2) then you need to put the copied text in quotes and include a citation.
What is the example of impersonal style?
Impersonal writing includes lengthy sentences with complex subordination and long verb phrases. Example: The handbrake was released by the driver, causing the car to run away. 13. Run-on Expression (etc., so on) • Run-on expressions are used in personal style.
What is the difference between letter of reference and recommendation?
A recommendation letter supports the candidate’s application for a specific scholarship, program, job or other opportunity. A reference letter is a general endorsement of the person’s character, knowledge and skills.
How do you write references in a paragraph?
For every in-text citation in your paper, there must be a corresponding entry in your reference list. APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14).