Is it mandatory or mandated?
As adjectives the difference between mandatory and mandated is that mandatory is obligatory; required or commanded by authority while mandated is required, mandatory.
What does being mandated mean?
1. a command or authorization to act in a particular way given by the electorate to its representative. 2. any authoritative order or command: a royal mandate.
What is another word for mandated?
In this page you can discover 11 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for mandated, like: ordered, administered, decreed, dictated, assigned, commanded, charged, proclaimed, summoned, requisitioned and bid.
What is an example of mandated?
The definition of a mandate is a command to do something. An example of mandate is a state requiring schools to teach a particular curriculum.
What does mandated by law mean?
A judicial command or precept issued by a court or magistrates, directing the proper officer to enforce a judgment, sentence or decree. Mandatum or commission, contracts.
How do you use mandatory?
required by rule.
- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
- Crash helmets are mandatory for motorcyclists.
- The minister is calling for mandatory prison sentences for people who assault police officers.
- Attendance is mandatory at all meetings.
- Murder carries a mandatory life sentence .
What does it mean to be mandated at work?
Mandated employee means an individual required to comply with this chapter.
What is the difference between a law and a mandate?
In fact, mandates and laws are effectively the same thing. The only difference is how they are initiated: Mandates are created and enacted by an executive branch, such as a state governor, rather than through a lengthier legislative process that ends with the governor’s signature and new, durable law.
How do you say something is mandatory?
- de rigueur.
Does mandatory mean law?
If an action or procedure is mandatory, people have to do it, because it is a rule or a law.
How do you use the word mandatory?
Mandatory sentence example
- We’re what I’d call mandatory friends.
- They are mandatory for many professions such as scientists, doctors and technicians.
- It concerns the news item about mandatory helmets for children.
- He was charged with murder for which there was a mandatory death sentence.
What is the difference of a law and a mandate?