What are some fun class projects?
Top 10 Classroom Games
- Charades. This simple but classic game is a great way to encourage your student to get out of their seats and participate in the lesson.
- Draw swords.
- Hot potato.
How can I make my college class more fun?
10 Ways to Keep Your Class Interesting
- Incorporate Mystery Into Your Lessons.
- Don’t Repeat Classroom Material.
- Create Classroom Games.
- Give Your Students Choices.
- Use Technology.
- Don’t Take Teaching so Seriously.
- Make Your Lessons Interactive.
- Relate Material to Your Students’ Lives.
What are creative projects?
Creative projects are the tangible products of creative behavior and creative thinking. If we want students to produce creative works, we need to structure student work so that the outcome is a natural result of these behaviors.
What is a passion project for students?
Broadly defined, a passion project is any independently student-founded and led project to achieve a specific goal or mission. Some common examples include starting a non-profit charity, small business, or blog, building an online community around an issue, doing independent research, writing a book, etc.
What is the best activity for students?
Whether your classes are in person, online or somewhere in between, here are 15 active learning activities to try with your students this semester.
- Improv games.
- Concept mapping.
- The one-minute paper.
- Real-time reactions.
- Chain notes.
What are some motivational activities?
20 Motivational Activities for College Students
- Open-Ended Questions. This is one of the most effective options to help students to come up with creative solutions.
- Give Responsible Tasks.
- Work in Groups.
- Positive Competition.
- Evaluation Programs.
- Switch Roles.
- Motivational Quotes.
- Field Trips.
How do you make a boring class fun?
10 Ways to Make a Boring Class Fun
- Pass notes old school style. It’s way better than texting and there is nothing better than the building anticipation to find out the answer to “Do you like me?
- The Wave.
- Play online games.
- Paper toss.
- Read Onward State.
- Invite friends to class.
- Watch a movie on mute*.
What makes a class boring?
When students feel they already know the subject matter, they get bored if they aren’t stimulated. Maybe they had a similar AP-level class in high school, or perhaps they read the book ahead of time and already know the material. Regardless, they don’t feel there’s anything new to learn and their attention wanders.
What are some genius hour ideas?
Ideas & Lesson Plans for Genius Hour
- Create a podcast.
- Write a poem, play, song, story, blog, or whole book.
- Learn a new language or create your own.
- Teach a younger student a skill.
- Build a website or make an app.
- Make your own video game or cartoon (try this website for help with videogames and this for cartoons).
What are some topics for a passion project?
35 Passion Project Ideas to Pursue
- Start writing short stories or fan fiction.
- Become a reviewer for something you love.
- Learn calligraphy and make every future card and present personal.
- Engage in letter-writing campaigns.
- Create your own zine.
- Redesign your landscape.
- Attract bees, birds, and butterflies.