What is a thoughtful response?
A thoughtful response is a response that is “full of thought.” In other words, it clearly demonstrates that some careful thought went into to the writing of the response.
How students will get benefited by Moodle learning management system?
Benefits of Moodle for the educators Sharing learning materials – With Moodle’s rich resource toolkit, files and links to websites can be shared with learners easily. Managing access to learning materials – Group students into year or class groups to automatically provide access to the appropriate learning materials.
How do I use a discussion forum in Moodle?
Students access the forum by clicking the icon on the course page and depending on the forum type selecting, will typically be see a button to start a new discussion topic. They can sort discussions, subscribe to discussions from the toggle button, and favourite/bookmark discussions from the star icon on the left.
Where is the discussion board on Moodle?
From the upper right of your Moodle course homepage, click Turn editing on. In the section from where you would like to link the discussion forum, from the Add an activity… drop-down menu, choose Forum. The Adding a new Forum form will open.
How do you create a discussion on Moodle?
How do I create and grade discussion forums in Moodle?
- Scroll down to Forum. Click Forum.
- Fill in the Name field.
- Click Add grade item.
- Fill in the name and maximum points.
- To grade discussion forums:
- Click Select grade item and choose the discussion you want to grade.
Is Moodle LMS free?
Moodle is a free online learning management system, or LMS (also known as VLE.) Anywhere learning takes place, Moodle can be used.
How do you respond to an online class discussion?
5 Ways to Ace Discussion Board Assignments in an Online Class
- Reading Directions Is Key.
- Say Something Substantive.
- Don’t Procrastinate.
- Ask a Question if You’re Confused.
- Review Content for Clarity and Tone.
Is Moodle a CMS or LMS?
Moodle is the world’s most widely used LMS system. It’s an open-source framework used for all kinds of eLearning, including blended learning, distance education and workplace training.
How do you respond to an assignment?
Focusing your response efficiently
- Give general feedback to the class as a whole. Rather than commenting on each assignment, share your general reactions with the class either in an email (or website) or orally next class.
- Use a 1-, 2-, or 3- level scale.
- Use symbols.
- Respond online.
- Use a heuristic.
- Use a rubric.
Why is Google classroom not an LMS?
Google Classroom is used by teachers to deliver digital course materials and other online content to their students. Since Google Classroom does not support LTI, these applications cannot be integrated into the Classroom LMS. Instead, developers will have to integrate with Classroom using its API.
How do you write a discussion forum?
Creating a Discussion Forum
- On the main Discussion Board page, on the Action Bar, click Create Forum.
- On the Create Forum page, type a Name. Users click this name to access the forum.
- Optionally, type instructions or a description in the Description text box.
- Under Forum Availability, select the Yes option.
- Select Forum Settings.
- Click Submit.
How do you add LMS to Moodle?
Important: The commands will be executed with root user or sudo privileges, so make sure that you have full access to your system.
- Step 1: Installing LAMP or LEMP Environment.
- Step 2: Installing PHP Extensions and Libraries.
- Step 3: Configure PHP Settings.
- Step 4: Install Moodle Learning Management System.
How do you respond to a peer discussion?
There are three main ways to respond constructively to a post: “No, because…” • “Yes, and…” • “Yes, but…” If you disagree with someone’s post, show that you appreciate that your classmate has an opinion, even if it’s different from your own.
How do you use LMS in Moodle?
Step-by-step instructions to use Moodle
- Step 1 – learn about the Moodle experience.
- Step 2 – install Moodle.
- Step 3 – configure your site.
- Step 4 – create the framework for your learning site.
- Step 5 – make decisions about common settings.
- Step 6 – add basic course material.
- Step 7 – make your courses interactive.
- Step 8 – evaluate your students.
How do you respond to a thoughtful discussion board?
Tips for Writing Thoughtful Discussion Responses
- Ask open-ended questions to promote discussion. Open-ended questions require individuals to write more than a simple one- or two-word answer.
- Don’t be afraid to disagree.
- Give reasons for your opinion.
- Think outside the box.
- Include outside resources.
How do you reply to a discussion on Moodle?
Post to a Forum
- Click Add a new discussion topic (at top of page) to start a new topic (if the forum type allows). The Your new discussion topic page opens.
- If there are already discussions started, you will see a list on the Forum page.
- Click Reply to post a response inside a discussion.
What is the max size of a file that can be uploaded to Moodle?
How do forums work?
In a standard Internet forum, a user creates a post. That post can be accessed by other users at any time. Posts can contain questions, opinions, images, videos, links, and more. Users can respond to the post, which creates a dialogue other users can participate in, also called a thread.
Can you cheat on Moodle?
in spite all of this, students can still use Moodle itself as a tool to cheat. Ok, sharing ideas and knowledge in a colaborative effort, is not by all means “cheating”.
Can Moodle record you?
Do remember that Moodle records timestamped data about your activity in a course, and you and your instructors can see this data.
How do you respond to reviewers?
Provide a “yes” or “no” answer whenever possible. When the reviewer is correct, state so in your response. Your goal is to show the reviewer that you took their comments seriously, and you should quickly convey what you did in response to their critique.
What is the Moodle platform?
Moodle™ is a user-friendly Learning Management System (LMS) that supports learning and training needs for a wide range of institutions and organizations across the globe. Moodle™’s modular nature and inherent flexibility make it an ideal platform for both academic and enterprise level applications of any size.
Is Moodle an LMS?
Moodle is the world’s most popular learning management system (LMS), used by countless schools, universities, not-for-profit organisations and companies to respond to their education and training needs.
How do you respond to a peer reviewer comment?
Your responses should be polite and objective, balancing the line between being concise and complete. There is no space for ego in your response. Start by thanking the reviewers for identifying the weaknesses in your paper and providing you the opportunity to strengthen your research prior to publication.
Which of the following is true for short answer question type in Moodle?
In a short answer question, the student types in a word or phrase in response to a question (that may include a image). Answers may or may not be case sensitive. The answer could be a word or a phrase, but it must match one of your acceptable answers exactly.
What does permalink mean in Moodle?
Every post made in Moodle 3.1 now comes with an option to create a “permalink”. A permalink allows you to directly link to a specific forum post so it can be easily shared with others. Clicking “permalink” highlights the specific post you are sharing, so users can be sure that they are sharing the correct information.
How do you respond to a discussion?
How to Write and Respond to Discussion Posts
- Understand the Prompt.
- Refer to the Scoring Rubric.
- Present Evidence and Examples.
- Draft the Answer before Posting.
- Express Yourself Clearly.
- Respond in a Timely Manner.