What is a white elephant gift kids?
You bring a wrapped gift (that’s usually under a set spending limit) and then take turns (based on drawing numbers) to either choose a new gift or steal an already unwrapped gift. Everyone plays with their own variations of the rules. It’s especially fun when participants bring funny White Elephant Gifts.
What is a really good white elephant gift?
White elephant gift exchanges are always good for a laugh or two. But the best white elephant entries are those somewhat silly gifts that you can still actually put to good use, like a grilled cheese toaster, an “It’s Raining Men”-inspired umbrella, or even a cozy burrito blanket!
What is a white elephant gift for a Christmas party?
A white elephant gift exchange, Yankee swap or Dirty Santa is a party game where amusing and impractical gifts are exchanged during festivities. The goal of a white elephant gift exchange is to entertain party-goers rather than to gain a genuinely valuable or highly sought-after item.
What should I get my family for white elephant?
Best White Elephant Gifts
- Punderdome: A Card Game for Pun Lovers.
- Ramen Bowl.
- Pop-Up Hot Dog Toaster.
- Pizza Socks.
- Harry Potter Soup Mug with Spoon.
- Decision Maker and Paperweight.
- Periodic Wine Glass.
- Motion-Activated Toilet Night Light.
How does white elephant end?
6. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone whose gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.
Who goes first in white elephant?
The White Elephant Game Rules Sit in a circle and place the gifts in the center, preferably under a festive tree. The person who drew #1 selects a gift from the pile, opens it, and holds it up for all to see.
Do you put your name on a white elephant gift?
White Elephant Gift Exchange Rules Make sure that the gifts are wrapped and don’t have any names on them – secrecy is key! Numbers are drawn to determine who goes first and who follows next. You can change this and use the spin the bottle technique to choose who goes next.
How do you make white elephant more fun?
5 Ways to Add Sparkle to Your White Elephant Party
- Pick a gift theme. One excellent way to spice things up is to have people bring gifts that fit a particular theme.
- Employ different game rules.
- Hold an ugly sweater contest.
- Rent a karaoke machine.
- Break out the Christmas games.
How much should a white elephant gift cost?
The rules of the white elephant party are simple. Everybody who attends is required to bring a wrapped gift worth no more than a specified amount — generally between $10 and $20. At the height of the party, the guests will convene to unwrap presents in an order, most likely decided by numbers drawn from a hat.
How much should a White Elephant gift cost?
How do you spice up a white elephant gift exchange?
Do you put your name on white elephant gift?
Part of the fun is watching players try to conceal their “good” gifts or encourage players to take their “bad” gifts. Each gift should be attractively wrapped with no nametag.