What is cell in UITableView?
You use cells primarily to organize and present your app’s custom content, but UITableViewCell provides some specific customizations to support table-related behaviors, including: Applying a selection or highlight color to the cell. Adding standard accessory views, such as a detail or disclosure control.
What are sections in UITableView?
UITableView with sections allows us to separate the list into different categories, so the list looks more organized and readable. We can customize sections as per our need, but in this tutorial, we are covering the basic UITableview with sections.
What is prototype cell?
A prototype cell acts a template for your cell’s appearance. It includes the views you want to display and their arrangement within the content area of the cell. At runtime, the table’s data source object creates actual cells from the prototypes and configures them with your app’s data.
How do I create a custom tableView cell?
Let’s get started:
- Step 1: Create a new Cocoa Touch Class.
- Step 2: Designing the Cell.
- Step 3: Registering the new custom UITableViewCell with the UITableView.
- Step 4: Calling the registerTableViewCells method.
- Step 5: Updating the CellForRowAtIndexPath function.
What is the difference between UITableView and UICollectionView?
UICollectionView is the model for displaying multidimensional data — it was introduced just a year or two ago with iOS 6, I believe. The main difference between the two is how you want to display 1000 items. UITableViewhas a couple of styles of cells stacked one over the other.
How do you work with UITableView?
Using UITableView Edit PagePage History
- Step 1: Create a view controller. Create a view controller, and drag a UITableView into the view, as shown below.
- Step 2: Create a table view outlet.
- Step 3: Set the datasource and delegate.
- Step 4: Implement the table view methods.
How do I add a prototype cell to UITableView?
Show activity on this post.
- You can scroll the table view in interface builder (drag with 2 fingers on the track pad while over the tableview)
- You can select the current cell in the document outline on the left; you can also drag more cells or copy paste and existing cell in the document outline.
How can we use a reusable cell in UITableView?
For performance reasons, a table view’s data source should generally reuse UITableViewCell objects when it assigns cells to rows in its tableView(_:cellForRowAt:) method. A table view maintains a queue or list of UITableViewCell objects that the data source has marked for reuse.
What is difference between tableView and collection?
Table view presents data in multiple rows arranged in a single column, the cell design is fit as a row. However, collection view can create rows and columns, it can design cells in various ways, even if they are not necessarily rows. It’s also the biggest feature of a collection view cell.
Is it possible to add UITableView within a UITableViewCell?
yes it is possible, I added the UITableVIew within the UITableView cell .. 🙂 no need to add tableview cell in xib file – just subclass the UITableviewCell and use the code below, a cell will be created programatically.