What is responding in reading?
Responding is a natural part of the reading process. When students read a piece of literature they respond to it by using their prior knowledge to construct meaning. That is, their transaction with the text results in the construction of their own personal meaning (Rosenblatt 1938/1976; 1991).
What are examples of creativity?
Examples of creative thinking skills include: problem solving, writing, visual art, communication skills, and open-mindedness. Top areas for creative hiring in 2019 will be: web and mobile development, web production, user interface and interaction design, creative development, and visual design.
How do you respond to creative literature?
91 Ways to Respond to Literature
- WRITE THE STORY IN THE BOOK FROM A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW.
- WRITE THE DIARY A MAIN CHARACTER MIGHT HAVE WRITTEN.
- WRITE A CHARACTER SKETCH OF SOMEONE IN THE BOOK.
- REARRANGE A PASSAGE AS A “FOUND” POEM.
- WRITE A PARODY OF THE BOOK.
- WRITE A PROMOTION CAMPAIGN FOR A MOVIE ABOUT THE BOOK.
How do you start a creative response?
Here are some tips for planning your creative response.
- Pick something from your text that is interesting to you.
- Pick an aspect of the text that is ‘worthy of exploration’.
- Don’t be afraid to think outside the box, especially in the early stages.
- Delve into what is motivating the character.
How do you text creatively?
5 Easy Ways to Get Creative with Your Text
- Use different fonts to put emphasis on key words.
- Create an edgy look by overlapping your text.
- Turn your text into a shape to bring more interest to your headings.
- Replace a letter of your word with an icon that is related to your meaning.
- Try changing the font halfway through a word to give it emphasis.
What are the three types of text connections?
Using the Making Connections Posters (Text-to-Self Connection, Text-to-Text Connection, and Text-to-World Connection) as visual aids, introduce the three types of connections: Text-to-Self Connection, Text-to-Text Connection, and Text-to-World Connection.
What is creativity and innovation skills?
What are innovation and creativity? Innovation can be broadly thought of as new ideas, new ways of looking at things, new methods or products that have value. It is a learning habit that requires skill as well as specific understanding of the contexts in which creativity is being applied.
What is a creative text?
Creative writing is any writing that goes outside the bounds of normal professional, journalistic, academic, or technical forms of literature, typically identified by an emphasis on narrative craft, character development, and the use of literary tropes or with various traditions of poetry and poetics.
How do you respond to fiction?
Personal Responses to Fiction
- Your teacher doesn’t want a summary of the novel?
- Tell what makes the novel seem believable.
- Tell what images are created in your mind.
- Tell what you think of the main character.
- Tell whether you would want the main character as a friend.
- Tell what you have learned about a different place or time period.
What does it mean to make text to text connections?
These types of connections are text-to-text connections. Readers gain insight during reading by thinking about how the information they are reading connects to other familiar text. “This character has the same problem that I read about in a story last year,” would be an example of a text-to-text connection.
What is a creative text response?
A creative response is an assessment item in English that comprises 25% of a unit’s total grade. The intention of a Creative is to allow you to respond to a text in an imaginative way using a medium of your choice.
Which is the best example of demonstrating creativity and innovation?
An example of demonstrating creativity and innovation at work is to: learn to do your job more efficiently. You have researched the history of a product’s development and are about to propose providing an additional service to your customers that should create return business and customer loyalty.
How do you demonstrate innovation and creativity?
Here are 10 things you can do on the job to make it easier to be more innovative every single day.
- Start Conducting Stand-Up Meetings. Your entire energy changes when you’re standing.
- Surround Yourself With Inspiration.
- Get a Buddy.
- Pick Small Projects.
- Flip Your Assumptions.
- Bring it to Life.
- Ban Things.
- Get Out of the Office.
How do you start a creative piece?
It’s worth taking time to think of good ways to start your story, so follow our tips on how to write your beginning.
- Spark a reader’s interest.
- Put a character in a setting.
- Introduce a main character.
- Start with action.
- Hook them in.
- Make it clear.
- Have a distinctive voice.
- Make it dynamic.
How do you make connections between texts?
Ways to get students making connections
- Text to self: The connections readers make to their own knowledge and experiences.
- Text to text: The connections readers make to another story or book (even a movie or song!)
- Text to world: The connections readers make to the community and world around them.
How do you make a text connection?
There are three kinds of connections readers make before, during, or after reading:
- text to self, which could sounds like: This reminds me of my own life…
- text to text, which could sounds like: This reminds me of another book I’ve read/movie I’ve watched…
- text to world, which could sounds like:
How do you write a rationale for a creative response?
WHAT IS THE POINT OF A RATIONALE?
- Show you understand the text(s) that your creative piece was based on.
- Show how you have used particular language forms or styles – perhaps a particular structure, or some symbolism.
- Explain things that you think your markers might not notice or understand without an explanation.
How can we make our students respond to literature?
Prepare your students to analyze and respond to literature by practicing five types of responses: predictions, questions, clarification, connections, and opinions.